AUTOPOL® V Plus Polarimeter Standard Features and Accessories
- TempTrol™ — Electronic cooling & heating from 15°-40°C
- Six Standard Wavelengths: 365nm, 405nm, 436nm, 546nm, 589nm and 633nm
- 21CFR Part 11 Compliance: Electronic Signature and secure local electronic data storage
- Domestic 3-year warranty and 20-year support guarantee
- International warranty varies by country
- Standard Accessories: TempTrol™, NIST Traceable Quartz Standard (single rotation), TempTrol™ 100mm Polarimeter Cell, TempTrol™, Temperature Validation Cell, Built-In Sample Measurement Probe
The AUTOPOL® V Plus Advantage
- 6m HCl acid resistance: Silco Steel coating on the polarimeter chamber temperature transfer surface and a Hastelloy measurement cell with NIST certificate certifying optical path length.
- To meet the FDA’s latest position on measurement bracketing, the Autopol® V Plus comes with a NIST traceable quartz plate with three rotations: +0.998° Arc, +10.998° Arc, -10.000° Arc. Each rotation has a NIST certificate.
- Windows based navigation architecture is so intuitive that most operators will never read the manual. But should you wish to reference the manual, it is stored right on the Autopol® V Plus’ internal memory.
- Available with automated sampling.
- Three USB ports allow quick and easy connection to a mouse, keyboard, printer, bar code scanner, or memory stick. One USB port is located on the front of the unit (shown above) and two USB ports are located on the back of the unit (shown below).
Network and Printer Communications Simplified
- Ethernet Port for Network Cable Connection
- Internet access allowing connection to Rudolph’s service department for remote testing and diagnostics
- Connect to any Windows® based printer via USB or direct to the server via Windows® Print Library
- Save measurement data direct to your Network/Server/USB Drive
Patented TempTrol™ Technology Eliminates the Need for a Water Bath. Here is How the TempTrol™ System Works:
TempTrol™ heating and cooling transfer surface
A Fully Digital Polarimeter with an Intuitive Windows® 7 Embedded Based Interface
- 8 gigabytes of internal memory allow almost unlimited capacity for saving measurement data. The AUTOPOL® V PLUS is network ready and data may also be saved directly to your server or to any directory desired.
- Internet access is possible directly from the AUTOPOL® V PLUS’s touch screen. This feature allows real time contact with Rudolph Research Analytical’s Service and Technical Support Team who can access your instrument remotely to assist in Window navigation, method setup and troubleshooting.
- Windows based navigation architecture is so intuitive that most operators will never read the manual. But should you wish to reference the manual, it is stored right on the AUTOPOL® V PLUS’s internal memory.
- Three USB ports allow quick and easy connection to a mouse, keyboard, printer, bar code scanner, or memory stick. One USB port is located on the front of the unit and two USB ports are located on the back of the unit.
Flexible Method Management
Install your own measurement methods for immediate selection of the correct method to match your most common tests. Setting up your own custom methods is as simple as filling out a few screens like the one shown to the right.
Full 21CFR Part 11 Instrument Level Compliance
The AUTOPOL® V PLUS’s 21CFR Part 11 software module is easily enabled through the user friendly touch screen. This module gives you a Digital Polarimeter in full compliance with:
- Electronic signature
- Access levels
- Internal write protected storage
- Unique passwords
- Write protected documents sent directly to server
- Audit trail
The AUTOPOL® V PLUS polarimeter comes standard with Rudolph’s Hastelloy™ upgrade option. This option includes a Hastelloy cell and Silco Steel™ cell chamber for increased resistance to acids like 6 Molar HCl.
Rudolph Research Analytical — still protecting your investment after 30 years
Today our Service Technicians have access to state of the art diagnostic tools and have a depth of knowledge that often lets them solve problems right over the phone. Our customers really appreciate the same day phone call by a real technical service person who wants to solve their problem. Our customers know that they can expect this support for many years to come as Rudolph is still repairing instruments which were built in the 70’s. We manufacture Digital Polarimeters and back them with a 20 year commitment to service them!
|AUTOPOL® V PLUS Specifications|
|Measuring Mode||Optical Rotation
Specific Rotation Plus Concentration
User Defined Scale
|Measuring Scale||Degrees Arc, % Concentration|
|Measuring Range||± 89° Arc Optical Rotation
± 999.99° Arc Specific Rotation
|Resolution||0.001° Arc Optical Rotation
0.001° Specific Rotation
|Standard Model Accuracy||0.002° up to 1°, 0.2% up to 5°, 0.01° above 5°|
|AP Model Accuracy and Resolution (Autopol V Plus Single)||Accuracy: ±0.002° Arc over ±89.9° Arc
Selectable Resolution 0.01°, 0.001°, 0.0001° Arc Optical Rotation
|AP Model Accuracy and Resolution (Autopol V Plus Six Wavelength)||Accuracy (546nm and 589nm): ±0.002° Arc over ±89.9° Arc
Selectable Resolution 0.01°, 0.001°, 0.0001° Arc Optical Rotation
|Prism||Glan Thomson calcite quartz|
|Optical Wavelengths||365nm, 405nm, 436nm, 546nm, 589nm, 633nm
(other wavelengths available)
|Wavelength Selection||Touch Screen Selectable: 6 Standard|
|TempTrol™ Range||Automatic Electronic Heating & Cooling 15°-40°C|
|TempTrol™ Accuracy||± 0.2°C|
|Temp. Probe Range||10°-100°C|
|Temp. Probe Accuracy||± 0.1°C|
|Acid Resistance||Hastelloy™ measurement cell and Silco Steel™ sample chamber (standard)|
|Measurement Time||4°/sec slewing rate & 5 sec nominal settling time|
|Light Source||Tungsten-halogen 6V, 20W, avg. 2,000 hr life|
|Sample Chamber||Accepts sample tubes up to 200mm|
|Data Storage||8 GB Non-removable Compact Flash|
|Communication Interface||3 USB Ports, 2 RS232 Ports, Ethernet Port for Network Connection|
|Calibration||Automatic calibration via touch screeen|
|Operating System||Windows 7 Embedded|
|Display||10.4 inch diagonal, 800×600 pixels, color, Flat Panel Monitor with Resistance Touch Screen Interface, 200 nits brightness, gasketted for spill protection|
|Automatic Sensitivity Control||Measures samples with transmittance as low as 0.01% (up to O.D. 4.0)|
|Input Power||85-260 VAC; 48-62 Hz,
150-200 Watts consumption
|Operating Dimensions||32″W x 11.5″H x 19.5″D
813mm W x 292mm H x 457mm D
|Shipping Dimensions||43″W x 28″H x 23″D
1411mm W x 919mm H x 722mm D
|Operating Weight||90 lbs (41 kg)|
|Shipping Weight||140 lbs (64 kg)|