NANOPARTICLE SIZE ANALYSER
The NANOTRAC FLEX In-Situ Particle Size Analyzer Delivers Fast and Accurate Analysis Capability
Powered by Microtrac MRB’s enhanced dynamic light scattering technology, the NANOTRAC FLEX is ideal for measuring particles across wide concentration ranges, using minimal sample volume. Named appropriately, the external probe grants the flexibility to measure suspensions from sub-nanometer to several microns, in-situ or on a lab bench.
Based on 180° heterodyne dynamic light scattering the NANOTRAC FLEX can measure up to 40% w/v material concentration (sample-dependent). With this setup, a part of the laser beam is added to the scattered light, which works like an optical enhancement. In addition to particle size, the molecular weight (according to Debye) can also be measured without having to add the needed dn/dc value manually. The dip-in probe enables direct measurement via in-situ analysis. Advantages of this are that no cuvettes are needed, the direct measurement in the product and the in-situ option. The results are ready after a measurement time of 10 to 100 seconds, with parameters like refractive index, particle absorption and viscosity being available in a database. By utilizing the proprietary Mie-calculation, the user is able to measure transparent or light-absorbing samples as well as spherical, non-spherical and irregular particles.
The probe as the catalyst for Microtrac MRB’s Reference Beating, an enhancement to traditional DLS, increases the optical signal back to the detector anywhere from 100 to 1,000,000 times more than systems that use “self-beating.” The enhanced signal produces superior analysis results when measuring single modes or multi-modes across the widest concentration range.
- External probe with 180° backscatter
- Turn any vessel into a sample cell – the external probe allows you to dip and measure
- Small sample volume required, as low as 5 µl
- Amplified optical signal for unparalleled accuracy and sensitivity via Reference Beating
- Measures particles ranging in size from 0.8 to 6,500 nanometers
- No “a priori” knowledge of the particle size distribution is required
- Ability to measure size and concentration simultaneously
- Compliant to ISO 22412 & CFR21 Part 11
- Numerous probe lengths available from 1.0 meter to 3.5 meters
- Universal solvent compatibility
- Molecular weight determination
pharmaceuticals, adhesives, beverages, biotechnology, chemicals, food, inks, plastics, polymers, powder coatings,
- Quickly identify if your material meets size specifications and take a detailed dive into your data – the FLEX software provides you with the tools you need.
- Easy SOP set-up and administration, ideal for multiple users
- Cleanliness of cuvettes and sample cells displayed, including alarms
- Available in several translated languages
- Extensive database
- Compliant with FDA 21 CFR Part 11
- Statistical analysis
- Manually select dynamic viscosity value of material – ensures accuracy and consistency (according to Stokes-Einstein)
- No set zero required – the blank measurement is built into the software
- User gets notifications about the passing or failing of specifications
- Live or recalled database trending plots
- User-defined data reports and calculations
- Multiple data export options