Microtrac TRI-BLUE Features:
- Tri-laser blue laser configuration with fixed multi-detector, multi-angle optical system
- Rugged design with no-moving parts
- Blue laser diodes
- Mie and patented Modified Mie algorithms for spherical and non-spherical particle analysis
- Ability to “tune” the analyzer to measure with enhanced resolution or repeatability
- Measures wet suspensions ranging in size from 0.01 to 700 microns.
- Enclosed optical path
- Small footprint
- By having a fixed, multi-detector, multi-angle optical system users can measure a wider range of their sample, providing more data, which greatly increases the accuracy of the measurement.
- Moving parts often times either wear out or fail, then need to be replaced. By eliminating all moving parts, the TRI-BLUE is a rugged solution that will run for long periods of time without user invention or down time, which increases user productivity.
- Blue lasers have a shorter wavelength than red lasers (405 compared to 780 nm), when utilized for particle size measurements, the accuracy, precision, and repeatability dramatically increases for analysis of particles under 1 micron.
- 95 percent of particles are non-spherical, so why use an algorithm that assumes the particles are spherical? The TRI-BLUE gives the user the ability to select Mie theory (spherical particles) or our patented Modified Mie algorithm that accounts for the non-sphericity of particles, which provides the user with greater flexibility and a more precise tool for measuring size distributions.
- Ideal for research and development professionals who are looking to refine their new material, the TRI-BLUE’s tuning function allows the user to manually adjust the resolution or repeatability providing greater control of the analysis.
- The TRI-BLUE can measure particles ranging in size from 0.01 to 700 microns, which is ideal for users who are searching for an accurate measurement solution for materials under 1 micron.
- By enclosing the optical path, the TRI-BLUE requires little downtime for maintenance, which provides the user with a reliable tool that they can trust to be ready whenever they need it.
- Microtrac understands how vital laboratory space is, which is why we engineered the TRI-BLUE to have the smallest footprint on the market.
- Metals/Metal Powders
- Geological Research
- Academic Research
|Measuring Range:||0.01 to 700 Microns|
|Lasers:||Wavelength Blue 405 nm|
|Power:||3 mW nominal|
|Detection System:||Two fixed photo-electric detectors with logarithmically spaced segments placed at correct angles for optimal scattered light detection. 0.02 to 163 degrees using 151 detector segments.|
|Typical Analysis Time:||10 to 30 seconds|
|Environmental:||Temperature: 10 to 35 Degrees C. (50 to 95 Degrees F)|
|Humidity:||90% RH, non-condensing maximum|
|Storage Temperature:||-10 to 50 Degrees C (Dry only) ( 14 to 122 Degrees F)|
|Finishes:||Case Material Steel and impact resistant plastic Exterior Surfaces finished with corrosion resistant paint or plating|
|Dimensions:||14H x 22W x 18D in (360H x 560W x 460D mm)|
|Vacuum:||Vacuum must exceed 50 CFM|